Any organization can submit an educational guest article or blog to be published on the site, at no charge. Once submitted, SDNCentral will review the content and, if approved, schedule its publication, based on relevant news cycles and the broader editorial calendar. All posts submitted will be subjected to editing; we won’t heavily edit your post, but we will make sure it is in line with the site and optimized for success.
When reviewing a submitted article/blog, we follow these guidelines:
- Content must fit our categories. Please review carefully the list of our categories and make sure content is aligned with one.
- Content must be original. We will carefully search for the content you submit across the web. If your content is present somewhere else on the web, it won’t be published on SDNCentral. Moreover, we require exclusivity of the content you provide, meaning the content won’t appear anywhere else in the same form you provided it to us.
- Content must link to one of our posts. In order to keep continuity with the site, we ask you to place at least one link to one of our posts.
- Content must have links. Please make sure to include all the relevant links (possibly in HTML format); ideally around five.
- Note, excessive links back to your blog or site, will be penalized. This is not a commercial, this is an educational piece designed to provide the community with insights into trends, use cases, technology considerations, etc.
- You MAY NOT link to specific landing pages or document downloads.
- Pictures must be owned by you. Any pictures you submit with the post must be owned by you; we won’t be held responsible for any misdemeanor or rights violation.
- Relevant news about specific products or tools may be okay if it’s unbiased. If you are providing a list of tools (in a market/industry round up) or discussing news, you must keep an unbiased perspective and it must be linked to a greater story or trend. An article/blog on a new feature will not be accepted; an article/blog on a trend that lists features (ideally from a variety of vendors) that support or enable this trend may be okay.
- No competitive bashing.
- Tone of voice must be non-promotional. Promotion in any form won’t be tolerated. It’s okay to link to your business, but any promotion of your products or someone else’s will be penalized.
The following steps detail how anyone can submit an article/blog:
- Register on SDNCentral
- Once we receive your request and see your account on SDNCentral we’ll enable your account, so you can post your content on SDNCentral, typically within 3 business days, and send you an email notifying you of your account activation.
- Login to SDNCental and click ‘New Post’
- Submitting a post will not result in publication. We reserve the right to publish the content we feel is better suited to the blog content – see guidelines above to understand the criteria we use to evaluate articles/blogs.