Multi-access edge computing (MEC) is essentially a cloud-based IT service environment at the edge of the network. MEC is a network architecture that brings real-time, high-bandwidth, low-latency access to radio network information, allowing operators to open their networks to a new ecosystem and value chain. MEC permits multiple types of access at the edge, including wireline.
- Veea Snaps Up MEC Platform Provider Virtuosys to Boost IoT Play
- DC Blox Snares $37M in Funding for Southeast Data Center Expansion
- Telefónica’s New Open Source Edge Project Cuts 5G Network Slices Into Strings
- Finland’s Telia Tests 5G at a Nokia Base Station Factory
- MEC-Focused Akraino Project Lures Intel and Wind River Support