Multi-access edge computing (MEC) is essentially a cloud-based IT service environment at the edge of the network. MEC is a network architecture that brings real-time, high-bandwidth, low-latency access to radio network information, allowing operators to open their networks to a new ecosystem and value chain. MEC permits multiple types of access at the edge, including wireline.
- HPE CEO: Software-Defined Is a Gimmick. We Have Edge to Cloud
- HPE Edge Systems Run Enterprise Software from Microsoft, VMware, and Others
- HPE CEO Antonio Neri Commits $4 Billion to Edge Products, Services
- Veea Snaps Up MEC Platform Provider Virtuosys to Boost IoT Play
- OpenStack Members Argue About the Definition of ‘the Edge’