The Athena Research Center in Information, Communication and Knowledge Technologies
About The “Athena” Research Center in Information, Communication and Knowledge Technologies
The “Athena” Research Center in Information, Communication and Knowledge Technologies was founded in 2003, taking under its umbrella three existing institutes (established as far back as 1991). It is based in Athens, with its Institutes located in Athens, Patras and Xanthi. The Athena RIC consists of 3 Research Institutes. It also incubates two research units and one unit that pioneers in technological cluster formation.
- Development of scientific and technological research in information, communication and knowledge technologies
- Development of scientific and technological research in the sectors of information technology, knowledge, communication and automating production processes and the implementation and exploitation of results aiming at the production of laboratory prototypes, products and services
- Promotion of innovative information, communication and knowledge technologies in the industrial and services sectors
- Life-long learning and training in the respective sectors
- Creation of a fertile technological innovation ecosystem, focusing on modern information technology fields that have open research challenges and offer innovation potential
Member of the following Affiliations:
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.