About Smart Dublin
Smart Dublin is an initiative of the four Dublin Local Authorities to engage with smart technology providers, researchers and citizens to solve city challenges and improve city life.
We aim to position Dublin as a world leader in the development of new urban solutions, using open data, and with the city region as a test bed.
- To stimulate the economic competitiveness of the Dublin Region, through collaboration between private, public and academic partners.
- To drive public sector efficiencies and improve services by using the Smart Dublin platform to call out for innovative solutions to identified city region challenges
- To promote transparency and open government through the publication of local government data on the Dublinked open data portal in open, free and reusable formats
Benefits of Smart Dublin
- Acts as a reference site to validate smart city technologies
- Move from research to reality
- Builds a collaboration framework to solve Dublin’s challenges
- Delivers more efficient and responsive city services
- Increased engagement with citizens and service users
- Enhances the quality of life
Smart Dublin is delivering a programme that encourages the creation of solutions to address city needs. It has an emphasis on using the opportunities offered by emerging technology and public data available through Dublinked- Dublin’s open data platform. Smart Dublin has identified mobility, environment, energy, waste and emergency management as priority challenges.
Member of the following Affiliations:
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.