Sedona Systems has created the first multi-layer application platform (MAP), focusing on optimization & control of the optical and IP layers (L0-L3) of network operators. Enabling both optically-aware IP routing and IP-informed optical switching, our applications double effective WAN capacity, boost agility, availability and flexibility – and save up to 80% of core network costs over 5 years.
Based on a centralized open-source software tools, our platform connects to all major vendors’ equipment through SDN controllers or management systems. It then optimizes key tasks through dynamic, automatic management of both optical and IP resources.
Network operator benefits
Promoted by major operators such as AT&T, Telefonica and DT, multi-layer networking is set to transform network operation and economics. Our applications already deliver on this promise, with a powerful set of capabilities:
- Total L0-L3 visibility of cross layer routes and connections, with an intuitive 3D GUI
- Automatic sharing of key optical layer attributes, such as shared risk, with the IP layer
- Optimization of both packet and transport resources by controlling the routing of IP links over the optical layer to reclaim underutilized resources
- Automatic low-cost hybrid IP-optical restoration of failed links without collateral damage
- Coordinated maintenance activities across layers for boosting service availability
- Economically viable multi-10G-scale bandwidth on demand for data center connectivity (Cloud Burst)
The Sedona advantage
We have leveraged our extensive know-how and experience to develop a unique intellectual property in multi-layer networking. We focus solely on multi-layer networking and enjoy a neutral position that is crucial for this endeavor. Based on our strong ties with vendors and service providers, we’ve built a platform that provides an effective multi-layer solution today, even before standards are finalized.
Who we are
Based in Israel, Sedona is backed by blue-chip investors and lead by seasoned entrepreneurs and prominent multi-layer networking experts.
Member of the following Affiliations:
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.