Manx ICT Association (MICTA)
About Manx ICT Association (MICTA)
Since its inception in 2010, MICTA has been the trade association for ICT Companies in the Isle of Man. Now we are expanding our remit to proactively develop all aspects of the ICT Sector.
The Manx ICT Association (MICTA) is a totally inclusive organisation which represents supports, promotes and grows, the Island’s ICT Sector. When you become a member of MICTA, you become part of the Island’s IT community, working together to better the IT Sector.
As an organisation MICTA will also be active in the following areas:
- A website to act as an information hub for the industry including forums, tender notices, and links to Employed.IM to assist in the management of vacancies and other positions within the industry
- Organising industry talks and seminars at a minimum of six per year plus one major conference event based on the island each year (including working closely with the BCS to coordinate events where appropriate)
- The support and promotion of the Saturday Manx Code Club and the extension of this to the “Roaming Code” bus which will engage with secondary schools, in conjunction with DEC later in the year
- Working with DEC to help shape the future of ICT Education from primary right through to higher education and the coordination of sector support for and participation in ICT Educational initiatives
- The promotion of ICT in schools including a version of the ICT Schools Champion programme run by the BCS in the UK. In this, the industry supplies an expert who is tasked with helping the teachers to increase their teaching capabilities
- Encouraging incubation through professional companies and facilities to create an ICT Innovation Cluster
- Public relations exercises, conference participation and promotions to encourage new business and innovation to the island and to promote existing services and products
- Promotion of local competitions and aptitude rewards, including the promotion of an Isle of Man version of the UK Cybersecurity Challenge
- Provide an ICT related online forum for like-minded members to discuss industry related issues.