Institute for Information Industry (III)
The Institute for Information Industry (III) was established in 1979 as a non-governmental organization, jointly sponsored by the Taiwan government and prominent private enterprises, for the purpose of strengthening the developments of information industry in Taiwan.
Since its inception, III has been a source of vision, innovation, technological excellence and a major contributor to Taiwan’s development into a significant player in the global ICT area. Whilst dedicated to reinforce industrial development, III has also helped promoting full utilization of ICT technologies hence advancing the establishment of modern information society development in Taiwan. As a result, Taiwan ranks 13th in WEF/GCI (Global Competitiveness Index) and 13th in WEF/NRI (Network Readiness Index) in 2006-2007.
III has supported Taiwan’s ICT industry with advanced technologies and international links to strengthen its global competitiveness, with focus on areas such as:
- Embedded systems, multimedia, networks/communications, smart handheld devices, information appliances, sensor networks, audio/video codecs, 3D graphics, broadband and wireless industries
- Strategic planning and development of large scale national infrastructure and application systems, such as e-Government, e-Transportation, e-HealthCare, e-Logistics, e-Weather, e-Banking, Natural Disaster Mitigation and RFID applications,
- In-house WCDMA/HSDPA protocols and WLAN/WiMAX technologies, IEEE 802.16j technology development,
- Market intelligence gathering and analysis, science and technology law implication, promotion and media services,
- Standardized content authoring tool, M-Learn authoring tool, Learning Management Systems (LMS), Content Management Systems (CMS), and Content Trading Platforms that provide e-Learning companies with core technology modules for speeding up their developing process, and offering a total solution for enterprises to develop in-house training courses, and
- Professional training on ICT, IT Enabled Services, Operations and Management , and Digital Contents fields.
Member of the following Affiliations:
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.