Gainesville Regional Utilities, known as GRU, is a multi-service utility owned by the City of Gainesville. We are the 5th largest municipal electric utility in Florida.
GRUComSM is the Gainesville area’s only all-fiber-optic network. With more than 400 miles of fiber in Alachua County and connections to hundreds of locations around the world, GRUCom can serve all of your business’s Internet, data transport and networking needs.
Whether you are a small, start-up company or a large, multi-location corporation, GRUCom has the capacity to meet your bandwidth requirements. And with our local Network Operations Center, you can be sure your connection is always supported and always protected.
Our network is trusted by some of the most respected organizations in the area and is the backbone of all public safety communications in the county.
- High-capacity, high-speed Internet services for businesses, office parks and housing communities
- Data Transport and Networking
- Metro Ethernet and Private Line TDM/SONET platforms to help you extend the reach of your network
- Colocation Data Center
- Private, climate-controlled facility for securely housing your organization’s data and networking equipment
- Cellular Carrier and Wireless Services
- Fiber-optic-backhaul and tower-leasing solutions for wireless service providers