About FairPoint Communications
FairPoint Communications (NASDAQ : FRP) delivers modern communications technology with respect, commitment, and a can-do spirit. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, FairPoint Communications, Inc. is a leading provider of a full range of communications services to residential and business customers including: local and long distance voice, data, Internet, television and broadband. FairPoint Communications is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FRP.
FairPoint operates 32 local exchange companies in 17 states. With approximately 1.6 million access line equivalents, FairPoint is the eighth largest telecommunications company in the United States. Our phone companies operate as the incumbent local exchange carrier in each of their respective markets. Many of our companies have been in operation for more than 75 years.
Since our beginning in 1991, our focus has been — first and foremost — to serve the unique needs of our customers. At the same time, we’ve worked to deepen relationships, strengthen local economies and use technology to offer new ways to communicate.
Services from FairPoint Communications
Through its fast, reliable network, FairPoint Communications delivers a range of affordable data and voice communications services to businesses, including public and private institutions, as well as residential and wholesale customers in 17 states.
There’s Strength In Our Numbers
- 100+ years of combined telecommunications service
- Operations in 17 states
- Largest network in northern New England
- More than 16,000 fiber route miles
- At least 90% broadband availability in all service areas
- More than $700 million invested in infrastructure and technology to reach new customers, upgrade its network and enable the next-generation of communications technology since 2008.
- Approximately $900 million in annual revenue in 2014.
- 1.1 million access line equivalents as of Q4 2014
- Approximately 3,000 employees as of Q4 2014
- More than $1 million in charitable and civic contributions in 2014.
The FairPoint Difference
- Superior Network
- You can count on us to keep you connected. Our next-generation network powers today’s technology and tomorrow’s possibilities through both traditional and cutting-edge IP-based services.
- Local Support & Presence
- FairPoint employees are neighbors to our customers. We are fellow investors and volunteers in our local communities. We are firmly dedicated to our customers and their satisfaction with our service.
- Best-in-Class Customer Experience
Even as the way we connect continues to evolve, FairPoint’s commitment to providing trusted, best-in-class service that our customers can count on is unwavering. We build and inspire confidence in our team by being reliable, responsible, responsive, honest and caring.