About Enea Software
Enea is a global supplier of Linux and real-time operating system solutions, including middleware, tools, databases, and world class services, with a vision to enable communication everywhere.
As a trusted and respected player in the embedded software eco system, Enea has for more than four decades delivered value and helped customers develop and maintain ground-breaking products.
Every day, more than three billion people around the globe rely on Enea’s technologies in a wide range of applications in multiple verticals – from Telecom and Automotive, to Medical and Avionics.
What We Do at Enea Software
Our products and services are not visible in your everyday life. But they are embedded in the devices that we use on a daily basis. Our products form part of millions of smartphones and base stations that we use to communicate. So, even if Enea is not visible in your everyday life, we are there, making sure that things work, every day, all year long.
We are surrounded by a great deal of technology that we use on a daily basis. One thing all these products have in common is the fact that they contain some kind of software. For software to work, it usually has to be run on an operating system. Enea is one of the best in the world when it comes to operating systems for realtime and embedded applications.
Realtime systems often have more stringent demands for precision, predictability and performance than operating systems in PCs, and they are often embedded in the technical devices with which we surround ourselves in our daily lives. Enea also offers related products which are needed when developing embedded systems such as development tools or databases.
Precision, predictability and performance are much appreciated qualities in many technical fields, not just for operating systems. Many of the customers purchasing operating systems from Enea also purchase consultancy services. But there are many customers that chose Enea because we are one of the best in technical consultancy services with skilled consultants in the fields of IT, communications and technology.
- Offers operating system solutions (RTOS and Linux), including development tools, network protocols, databases and middleware.
- The third-largest player in the world for realtime operating systems.
- Offers consultancy services in the field of product development such as pre-studies, application development, test and training.
Software Offered at Enea
- Enea OSE – a realtime operating system to be used for embedded systems. The operating system is the software closest to the hardware and acts as the link between the hardware and the software.
- Enea OSEck – realtime operating system specially optimized for use in digital signal processors, that is, the part of the hardware that manages communication.
- Enea Linux – is a Yocto-based Linux distribution available with customized services and support.
- Enea Optima – a development environment for software running on Enea’s operating system.
- Enea Polyhedra – a database developed especially for embedded systems. Databases are used to efficiently storelarge quantities of data.
- Enea Element – software for middleware, i.e. the software that links the operating system with the applications. Middleware runs in the background and makes sure – among other things – that the system is uninterruptible, predictable and scalable.
- Enea Linx – software for managing communication between different processor cores. These cores can also run various operating systems.
- Enea Netbricks – communication protocols for telecom. Protocols can be described in simplified terms as the part of the software in a telecom system that handles the signals between the telephone and the network.
Member of the following Affiliations:
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.