DeIC - Danish e-Infrastructure Cooperation
DeIC – Danish e-Infrastructure Cooperation was established on April 19 2012, with the purpose to support Denmark as an e-Science nation through delivery of e-infrastructures (computing, storage and network) to research and research-based teaching.
DeIC is established under the Ministry for Higher Education and Science by Act 70 of April 19 2012. Organizationally, DeIC belongs to the Danish Agency for Science, Technology and Innovation and is not an independent legal entity.
DeIC is a virtual organization, which means that all staff are employed in other organizations. Primarly at the Danish Technical University and to some extend at Aarhus University, Aalborg University, University of Southern Denmark and University of Copenhagen.
DeIC makes, in cooperation with the institutions, eScience accessible for all relevant Danish research environments, through coordination and delivery of e-infrastructures and guidance, in order to obtain national synergy in the area.
- DeIC meets Danish research need for e-infrastructures
- DeIC strengthens the collaboration and ongoing knowledge sharing between Danish research institutions in the eScience-area, and facilitates relevant international collaboration
- DeIC contributes to coherence and synergy in the eScience-area and contributes to an efficient national use of resources.
- DeIC contributes to Danish research has access to e-infrastructures, that meets the highest international standards
- DeIC takes initiatives and formulates and implements strategies, to contribute to a sustainable development of eScience in Denmark
- DeIC develop new instruments that can handle the challenges around HPC-facilities, network connections, data storage, security, identity management as well as guidance and education of new users.
- DeIC establishes a national and broad-based center of competence for inspiration and knowledge transfer around eScience.
- DeIC works for an appropriate public-private cooperation
- DeIC ensures a stable operative delivery of e-infrastructure (such as HPC-facilities, network connections, data storage, security and identity management)
DeIC Strategic Goals
- To realize
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.