About Cox Communications
For those unfamiliar with Cox, it is one of the largest broadband and entertainment companies in the U.S., providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over our own nationwide IP network. Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and new media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces.
The company recently led the industry by committing to deploy Gigabit Internet speeds to all residential customers. Cox will bring Gigabit to all markets starting with new developments nationwide and both new and select existing neighborhoods in Phoenix, Las Vegas and Omaha. Gigabit service is available to homes in parts of Phoenix, Las Vegas, Omaha and Orange County, California, with additional markets to launch later this year and service planned for all markets by the end of 2016. The company also led the industry with the first primary and second screen guide to feature personal recommendations and a six tuner DVR, part of its Contour video package.
For several years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity 10 times, including the last nine years.
Cox Communications Business Company Stats:
Cox has approximately 6 million total residential and commercial customers
- Total revenues of $10.4 billion in 2014
- Cox operates 6 clustered cable systems in 18 states: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Virginia
- Cox has approximately 20,000 employees nationwide
- In the last 10 years, Cox has invested more than $15 billion in its communities through infrastructure upgrades to deliver video, phone and high-speed Internet service to homes and businesses in the company’s service area.
- Cox’s in-kind and direct cash contributions totaled nearly $60 million dollars in 2014, with a community outreach focus on youth and education initiatives.
- Cox is a leader in customer satisfaction, earning a total of 33 awards from J.D. Power and Associates, including 10 consecutive wins for residential phone and 8 awards for business services.
- In 2012, Cox celebrated its 50-year anniversary, and remains a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, a privately-held, family-owned corporation with $17.1 billion in annual revenues (2014)
- Since 2012, nearly 25,000 families, representing 100,000 people, have been connected to the Internet through Cox’s Connect2Compete low income broadband program.