The CloudRouter Project is a collaborative open source project focused on developing a powerful, easy to use router designed for the cloud.
Compute resources are rapidly migrating from physical infrastructure to a combination of physical, virtual and cloud environments. A similar transition is emerging in the networking space, with network control logic shifting from proprietary hardware-based platforms to open source software-based platforms. CloudRouter is a software-based router designed to run on physical, virtual and cloud environments, supporting software-defined networking infrastructure. It includes the features of traditional hardware routers, as well as support for emerging technologies such as containers and software-defined interconnection. CloudRouter aims to facilitate migration to the cloud without giving up control over network routing and governance.
- Full-stack SDN implementation including OpenDaylight
- Standards-based interfaces
- Built on the rock-solid foundation of Linux
- Monitoring and availability
- Support for containers and cloud images
Architecture & design goals
- Optimized for interconnection
- Run in the cloud or on-premise
- Flexible build system supporting multiple distribution formats
- Easy to use and configure
- Security as a core feature, not an afterthought
- High performance with minimal resource consumptio
Use of the SDxCentral service directory is governed by our Terms of Service, including without limitation those sections under the headings "CONTENT", "LICENSING AND OTHER TERMS APPLYING TO CONTENT POSTED ON THE SDXCENTRAL SITES", "INDEMNITY; DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY" AND "COPYRIGHTS". Under no circumstances will SDxCentral be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Sites.