Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
Master Full Lifecycle Management Support for VoLTE Interconnect
For the next portion of the HPE/Intel OpenNFV Ecosystem series, Metaswitch demonstrates the full life cycle deployment of a new VoLTE peering services, using its leading Session Border Controller within a fully virtualized environment to create a new VoLTE peering service.
The Session Border Controller demo shows the following steps:
- Creating a fully virtualized Session Border Controller using Perimeta Signalling Session Controller (SSC) and acting as P-CSCF, and a Perimeta Media Session Controller (MSC) for the media traffic, showing as well the distributed nature of the SBC
- Creating a fully virtualized IMS instance using Metaswitch Clearwater IMS core, acting as I/S- CSCF
- Creating a virtualized instance of the Metaswitch Service Assurance Server (SAS) to provide diagnostics / analysis tool
- The lifecycle of all these virtualized instances will be orchestrated using the Metaswitch VNN
- We will further demonstrate the elastic scaling of the SBC
- We will also demonstrated the healing of the solution in case of a network failure
- And lastly we will show one of the biggest differentiators of the Metaswitch solution: the Service Assurance Server, which is an always-on diagnostics and analysis tool required to really operate in a virtualized environment
By clicking the links above, I consent to share my contact information with the sponsor(s) of this content.