Who We Are
Technology.UG incorporates individual user groups such as Virtualisation, Storage, Datacentre and Open Source. Each user group has its own community that is headed up by a chairman at each of our locations across the UK. There’s a lot of passion in our industry, so it won’t come as a surprise to learn that all of our committee members are volunteers who join Technology.UG eager to help run our events.
Technology.UG recently evolved from the Virtual Machine User Group which has been running for over 7 years. Originally starting in Leeds, we now host events across the UK including Glasgow, Cardiff, Manchester, Dublin and London. Even though we have expanded our aim of creating a community for people interested in all aspects of virtualisation still remains the same.
What we do
As an industry leader of user groups, we hold many local events throughout the year to create a buzzing community where like-minded IT professionals can meet up, hear about the latest developments and technologies in their field; network with local peers and have the chance to meet representatives from key technology solution providers that we tailor to each event.
With increasing workloads and demands on our time, the cost of attending an event and taking a day out of the office can be a big challenge. As fellow end users, the team at Technology.UG totally understand the challenges you face at work. However, we believe there is a huge amount of value in joining our community and attending our events which will help both you and your organisations. Here are our top reasons why you should attend at least one user group event every year:
- Experience an open forum for the local IT community to come together & share ideas
- Come along to network, consolidating your skills and knowledge base within the group
- Develop an understanding of use cases and the architecture behind new solutions.
- Hear content which has been selected for its educational value by fellow end users and customers
- Enjoy the quiet labs room, available for all delegates to access study materials or catch up with work, without the constant distractions of the office.
- Benefit from our independence which enables our events to provide impartial guidance based on the group’s wisdom
- De-risk your new technology investments and upgrades by utilising the community.
- Events are free to attend, with complementary Internet access, refreshments throughout the day and buffet lunch.
- Come and “Geek out at the bar” at the end of the day and enjoy a few post event drinks with old and new friends.
As an independant and vendor neutral group, we welcome the attendance anyone with an interest in Big Data, Data Centre, Leadership (IT), Networking, Open Source, Storage or Virtualisation but ask attendees to refrain from soliciting for business.
For more information, please visit: Technology.UG