New to SDNCentral? Want to learn more about SDN and NFV? Interested in hearing from top vendors and organizations about new products and services? All of these are great reasons to visit our events page to register for more SDNCentral SDN and NFV events, including webinars, DemoFridays, and more. If you want to see what we’ve done in the past, check out our archives for DemoFriday and SDNUniversity.
Software Defined Networking has rapidly emerged from a research exploit to a transformative force that is reshaping the entire networking and telecommunications landscape. Everybody’s talking about it – but few are defining the opportunities from the carrier point of view. This workshop delves beyond the basics, exploring from multiple industry perspectives the operative question: How will operators benefit from SDN?
While not necessarily new – centralized control and intelligence have been deployed in carrier networks for years – SDN offers unprecedented openness, service agility and cost reduction.
Join us as a diverse and innovative group of market leaders, startups and analysts present SDN from both a markets and technology vantage point, exploring the implications:
- Why SDN?
- Is SDN viable?
- How big is the opportunity?
- What lies ahead?
- A market and technology overview of OpenFlow-based SDN by Open Networking Foundation (ONF) Working Group chairs
- Key operators including CenturyLink, NTT, Orange, Swisscom, and Verizon will share their vision and rationale for considering SDN to achieve competitive advantage
- Leading OEMs will reveal their strategies and plans to address the compelling needs
- A glimpse into the future about how SDN may emerge in mobile networks
The main conference features 6 tracks spanning a diverse cross-section of topics:
- Track 1: Mobility & Broadband Capacity
- Track 2: Customer Experience Management
- Track 3: M2M & Internet Of Things
- Track 4: Cloud & Data Centers
- Track 5: Sustainability & ICT
- Track 6: Government, Healthcare and Enterprise Networks
SDNCentral readers are offered a 10% discount; use the discount code SDN13 when registering.
For additional details on TIA2013: