Leveraging the experience of HPE and Spirent to move from PoC to Production
Carriers around the world are conducting Proof of Concept evaluations of virtual solutions for mobile networking. Through these PoCs HPE has leveraged Spirent’s Landslide to demonstrate Helion Carrier Grade’s ability to provide flexibility, scalability and reliability for mobile network functions.
- How to qualify VNFs and NFVI for vEPC
- How to validate VNF deployments
- Proactive testing in the operations network
- Why all of the above needs to be automated and orchestrated
- How HPE Helion Carrier grade enables the key virtual features: Scalability, flexibility, redundancy and reliability
- How to maintain the required level of service in the live network and detect problems before they escalate into outages
To simplify the vEPC deployment process Spirent has created a 4 step validation ladder that enables service providers and equipment vendors to test the functionality, performance and scale of their virtual networks and nodes. This methodology for development and deployment is then enhanced and applied to the production network; offering the carrier full end-to-end visibility on current performance of the live network.
The process uses Spirent Landslide’s unique testing methodologies that combine sets of isolated node and end-to-end test cases. As such, it offers service providers and equipment vendors a fully controlled test environment to:
- Validate system scalability and identify capacity limits
- Measure control plane capacity
- Stress data plane performance
- Perform Intra-LTE and I-RAT mobility testing
- Characterize systems before trial/delivery
- Identify performance ceilings
- Analyze impact of Busy Hour Call Modeling that includes mobility to/from LTE, GSM, UMTS, eHRPD and Wi-Fi networks
Join SDxCentral, HPE, Intel, and Spirent for the next webinar in the OpenNFV Ecosystem series on September 14th at 10:00am PT. Learn from first-hand experience on brining your virtual mobile network from PoC to production.
If you can’t make it to the live event, register anyways. SDxCentral will let you know when the on-demand video is available.