New to SDNCentral? Want to learn more about SDN and NFV? Interested in hearing from top vendors and organizations about new products and services? All of these are great reasons to visit our events page to register for more SDNCentral SDN and NFV events, including webinars, DemoFridays, and more. If you want to see what we’ve done in the past, check out our archives for DemoFriday and SDNUniversity.
Virtualization has taken the IT world by storm but to date the comms market has been mostly unaffected – relying instead on proprietary appliances for numerous functions. A recent industry push to establish network standards virtualization will potentially shake-up the telecommunications market even more than the move to IP communications. As network hardware begins to be replaced by software, carriers are expected to save money and benefit greatly from new levels of flexibility related to hosting their network in private and virtual private clouds.
Moreover, this move to software will open up the market to new players who may not have had the deep pockets needed to develop proprietary hardware and new carriers will be able to quickly scale and compete as they won’t have to load up on costly central office equipment to get started.
Software Telco Congress Benefits
- Lower cost than using commoditized hardware – benefitting from IT economies of scale
- Decreased time to market for new services (software is faster than hardware)
- Possibility of running production, test and reference facilities on the same infrastructure speeds time to market and reduces cost
- Targeted services can be introduced without site visits or need for new hardware
- Pure software competitors will emerge as they don’t need to invest in hardware = more choice and less risk for all
- Resource allocation can be done in near real time to ensure network resiliency and protection from failures
- Multi-tenancy support allows carriers to securely share hardware resources
- Improved power management – servers can be switched off or go into low power mode duriung non-peak hours
Who Will Attend
The Software Telco Ecosystem – Tier 1, 2, 3 Telco Carriers, Resellers, Developers
For more information, visit the official site.