The Modern Telco is Open, Part 2: Virtual Central Office (vCO) in an Open Telco World
Transforming a telco’s business to compete in today’s disruptive cloud world is necessary to remain competitive, but often challenging. Modern telcos are investing in emerging open source, cloud-native technologies to deploy new services and applications on modern, distributed 5G architectures.
Telcos deploy many critical networking services today in thousands of central offices (COs) for their cable, fiber, DSL, mobile and business customers. Network services in a central office have traditionally been built using proprietary, complex and single-function boxes. That’s not all — many new services moving into COs, making them a key component of a telecom operator’s strategy, include:
- Virtual radio access networks (Virtual RAN / vRAN): To optimize precious radio resources while scaling mobile service growth
- Multi-access edge computing (MEC) applications: Augmented/virtual reality, connected cars, and industrial IoT require a low-latency, high-bandwidth, cloud-edge compute infrastructure close to the user.
- Virtual customer premise equipment (vCPE) services: Connecting branches has always been expensive — requiring fixed-function boxes and manual configuration. Virtualizing and selectively moving these functions into the CO improves agility and slashes operator costs.
Check out Part 1 of The Modern Telco is Open Series: The Open Telco Framework on SDxCentral
- Ian Hood, Chief Technologist, Global Telco, Red Hat
- Azhar Sayeed, Chief Architect, Red Hat
- Hanen Garcia Gamardo, Technical Solutions Manager, Telco, Red Hat
- Dan Meyer, Senior Editor, SDxCentral
Who should attend?
Industries: Service Provider (Managed Services), Service Provider (Communications), Service Provider (Cloud and Web) and Media and Entertainment
Join this webinar for those who build business cases for telco transformation. We’ll go beyond a stack diagram to show how Red Hat’s open telco model helps bring new services online faster and more cost effectively—to grow margins and introduce new revenue streams. Learn how a virtual central office (VCO) architecture, using open source innovations for these components improves service agility, reduces cost, and improves customer experiences.
Join SDxCentral and Red Hat on March 6, 2018 at 10:00 am for The Modern Telco is Open, Part 2: Virtual Central Office (vCO) in an Open Telco World.
If you can't make it to the live event, register anyway. SDxCentral will let you know when the on-demand recording is available.
|Date:||Tuesday, March 6, 2018|
|Time:||10:00 am (PST)|
|Title:||The Modern Telco is Open, Part 2: Virtual Central Office (vCO) in an Open Telco World|