New to SDxCentral? Want to learn more about SDN and NFV? Interested in hearing from top vendors and organizations about new products and services? All of these are great reasons to visit our events page to register for more SDxCentral SDN and NFV events, including webinars, DemoFridays, and more. If you want to see what we’ve done in the past, check out our archives for DemoFriday and SDNUniversity.
Real-World Security Implications of SDNs and OpenFlow Seminar
Feb 28th or 29th | St Regis Hotel | San Francisco during RSA Conference
Software-Defined Networking is in production today. So are the security attacks and hacks. If you work with service providers, large enterprises, Internet Exchanges or Government Agencies, now is the time to understand the implications of SDN and OpenFlow to your organization. As the independent source for SDN information – you get a balanced view as to what’s real and what’s hype.
Don’t miss this limited opportunity to learn from the experts from Indiana University who operate one of the few production OpenFlow networks on how to design, implement and secure SDN
Experience power insights from today’s SDN thought leaders, including:
- Matt Davy, Chief Network Architect, Indiana University
- Chris Small, Principle Network Researcher, OpenFlow, Indiana University
- Roy Chua, Partner Wiretap Ventures; Former VP of Marketing XORP
- Matthew Palmer, Partner Wiretap Ventures, Former Co-founder and CEO Pareto Networks
Experience a highly technical discussion with today’s leaning SDN Practitioners about:
- Specific SDN use cases in production TODAY at Indiana University
- Case Study: If you were to build one SDN testbed in 2012:
- What should your candidate use cases be?
- What open source and commercial technologies should you consider?
- How to build a test network?
- How to connect your test network to your non-SDN network?
- Implementation Options
- Common pitfalls
- How to define and measure success
- Ongoing operational and maintenance challenge
- Where to get help and Resources
- Security Consideration
- Implementation of running SDN networks – risks and exposure
- Securing the SDN Control Plane from hackers and attacks
- Details around how to meet HIPPA, PCI and SOX with SDNs
Busy schedule at RSA? No problem — we are running two sessions
- Feb 28th: 1:30PM – 4:30PM
- Feb 29th: 8:30AM – 11:30AM
Bonus: With Seminar purchase receive a guaranteed ticket to: Insecurity of OpenFlow / SDNs & Mitigation Techniques by SRI International on Feb 28th at 5:30 in the St Regis Hotel.
Final opportunity! Seminars begins February 28. Register today!