Join CENX, VMware, and Affirmed Networks to learn how Lifecycle Service Orchestration, NFV VIM, VNF components interwork within an open ecosystem!
As service providers move from limited scope network functions virtualization (NFV) trials to full operationalization, they are challenged with delivering data services across heterogeneous physical and virtualized networks, and assuring the quality of those services. Lifecycle service orchestration (LSO) does what legacy operations support systems (OSS) cannot – span the entire spectrum of service fulfillment and assurance tasks across multi-vendor infrastructure, bridging traditional physical and next-generation virtualized network functions (VNFs). This solution requires a robust ecosystem of technology vendors. LSO interfaces with management components – Virtualized Infrastructure Managers (VIMs) and Virtualized Network Function Managers (VNFM), as well as conventional Network Management Systems (NMS) and test and measurement devices – to provide a comprehensive, accurate, real-time view of the operational state of services overlaid on top of the heterogeneous network topology.
Built on web-scale leading-edge software technologies, LSO delivers the software intelligence needed to integrate NFV into a service provider’s mainstream operations. With LSO, operators can rapidly isolate and resolve problems in the data network, whether the fault occurs within physical network elements, or within NFV infrastructure (NFVi), or within VNFs, or on optical/Ethernet/IP segments in between. In addition, LSO provides the critical dynamic predictive analytics for capacity planning to stay ahead of enterprise and consumer demand for increased bandwidth. VNFs and VIMs provide the underlying flexibility to augment capacity at a moment’s notice, however, operators can only exploit this flexibility and gain the expected NFV opex/capex savings if they operationalize NFV with the use of LSO – the unified system for comprehensive lifecycle service orchestration.
This webinar will describe:
- Industry challenges, transformations and ecosystems in play today
- Architecture of a complete solution, bridging physical and NFV elements
- Clarification of solution components: LSO, MANO, NFV-SO, NFV-DO, VNFM, VNFs, VIM and their role in enabling end-to-end connectivity in a heterogeneous network
- Importance of continuous data ingest of network data for LSO’s unified network and service topology, and real-time analytics
- Value of an open ecosystem for real-world use cases, exemplified by CENX LSO, VMware’s VIM, Affirmed Networks VNF capabilities
- LSO’s essential role in real-world use cases
- Detailed walkthrough of virtual evolved packet Core (vEPC) use case with CENX, VMware, and Affirmed Network components
Sign up below for the CENX LSO webinar on September 16!