New to SDNCentral? Want to learn more about SDN and NFV? Interested in hearing from top vendors and organizations about new products and services? All of these are great reasons to visit our events page to register for more SDNCentral SDN and NFV events, including webinars, DemoFridays, and more. If you want to see what we’ve done in the past, check out our archives for DemoFriday and SDNUniversity.
OpenFlowHub Webinar Series: Introduction to Software-Defined Networking and Floodlight. This webinar, led by Mike Cohen, product manager at Big Switch Networks, and Alex Reimers, Member of Technical Staff at Big Switch Networks, is the first in a monthly series that will explore the emerging field of Software-Defined Networking and Floodlight. It will provide an overview of SDN, OpenFlow, and the Floodlight controller and cover a number of important questions:
- What is Software-Defined Networking and Floodlight, why is it important, and how does it relate to OpenFlow?
- What are the key use cases gaining traction in enterprise and service provider networks?
- Why should you use the Floodlight controller vs. other controller platforms?
- What is the basic architecture of Floodlight and what API’s are available?
- How can Floodlight be set up and run in an OpenFlow network?
The event will include time for Q / A from the attendees.
To register for this webinar, please visit: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/947301990