New to SDNCentral? Want to learn more about SDN and NFV? Interested in hearing from top vendors and organizations about new products and services? All of these are great reasons to visit our events page to register for more SDNCentral SDN and NFV events, including webinars, DemoFridays, and more. If you want to see what we’ve done in the past, check out our archives for DemoFriday and SDNUniversity.
ONS is the premier SDN Conference; leading the transformation in networking, bringing together the extended ecosystem to advance the understanding of current SDN deployments and what the networks of the future will look like tomorrow.
Open Networking Summit 2014
The fourth annual Open Networking Summit (ONS) will be held March 3-5, 2014, in the heart of Silicon Valley, at the Santa Clara Convention Center and Hyatt Regency. It represents the industry’s only non-profit conference that brings together the entire networking ecosystem to discuss advances in Software-Defined Networking (SDN), OpenFlow and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
With a unique program format in development, ONS 2014 will continue to have:
- High Quality Content – Talks, Tracks and more: In addition to the keynotes and plenary talks on SDN that have become a staple at ONS, 2014 is set to offer diverse tracks on Research, Startups, Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Demos and more to cover the latest advancements in next-generation networking.
- ONS is a non-profit conference – created by the community, for the community.
- All speakers/sessions are independently picked on merit.
- Unlike other industry conferences, at ONS, no-one pays to speak and no-one is paid to speak. Ever.
- Speakers at ONS represent the broad spectrum of industry visionaries and leaders and past Summit speakers have been from Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Facebook, eBay, NTT, NEC, Goldman Sachs, Fidelity, Deutsche Telekom, Internet2, Stanford, UC Berkeley, Princeton, Cornell, Nicira, VMware, Big Switch, HP, Cisco, Brocade, IBM, Intel, Arista, Ericsson, Huawei, Dell, among others.
- Exhibition: ONS 2014 expects an increase on the 57 exhibitors from 2013 and will have a larger Expo Floor to give attendees more room to interact with vendors demonstrating their solutions, discussing use cases and collecting feedback to accelerate adoption of next-generation technologies.
- Networking Opportunities: ONS provides a valuable forum for networking opportunities for everyone across the ecosystem to mingle and discuss their ideas; from start-ups and investors to established vendors; from technologists to business executives; from researchers to practitioners; from carriers to enterprises, journalists, analysts, bloggers and government agencies.
- Industry Firsts: In 2014 the ‘SDN Idol’ Contest will showcase real-time demonstrations of the hottest SDN solutions from finalists selected by a panel of respected judges and the attendees will vote to award a winner.
The historically sold-out conference, in 2014, will be expanded to accommodate increasing demands from customers, operators, architects, vendors, executives, researchers, developers and investors who come to discuss, share and shape the future of networking. More than 2000 attendees, up from 1600 in 2013, are expected to attend ONS 2014.
Registration for ONS2014 is open now. For more information or to reserve a spot at the best rate, go to http://www.OpenNetSummit.org.
Join SDxCentral on March 3, 2014 for Open Networking Summit 2014.
If you can't make it to the live event, register anyways. SDxCentral will let you know when the on-demand recording is available.