Storage teams are increasingly being tasked to provide responsive, on-demand private cloud offerings, which require rapid provisioning and deployment of both compute and storage resources to achieve application and IT agility.
Today, HCI deployments largely ignore the network, rather placing innovation efforts on compute and storage components, assuming the network is just a set of “fat, dumb pipes.” According to Gartner Research, “by 2018, more than 10% of hyperconverged integrated systems (HCIS) deployments will suffer from avoidable network-induced performance problems.”
As deployment clusters scale-out, the performance and complexity of legacy networking architectures become increasingly problematic. If network design is not factored into planning, it can result in unexpected networking costs, performance bottlenecks and added complexity that can imperil HCI deployments.
To truly achieve the promise of HCI environments, an innovative network solution like Big Cloud Fabric (BCF) is required. Big Cloud Fabric is a responsive and programmable SDN-based data center network switching fabric, which supports a robust ecosystem of the leading hyperconverged (HCI) solutions, including Nutanix, VMware vSAN, Dell EMC ScaleIO, Red Hat Ceph and HPE Simplivity.
- Gregg Holzrichter – Chief Marketing Officer, Big Switch Networks
- Prashant Gandhi – Vice President of Product Management & Chief Product Officer, Big Switch Networks
- Paul Parker-Johnson – Principal Analyst, ACG Research
During the webinar, you'll learn:
- Big Cloud Fabric automates the provisioning of network resources through seamless integration with orchestration systems
- Provides full visibility of both network & HCI environments, improving communications amongst disparate IT teams, and accelerating workflows and issue resolution
- How BCF integrates with leading HCI/SDS solutions including: Nutanix, VMware vSAN, ScaleIO, Red Hat Ceph and HPE Simplivity
Who should attend?
Industries: Transportation, Healthcare, Government (Federal), Education (Tertiary) and Banking and Financial Services
Primary Roles: Other, Researcher, Network Operator and Network Architect
The introduction of HCI technology has fundamentally altered the enterprise storage landscape by offering increased performance, enhanced data services, lower CapEx, and simplified storage operations. BCF’s SDN architecture complements HCI architecture: both separate the data and control planes with a centralized software-based controller. BCF delivers unique benefits, such as rapid network resource deployment, scale-out architecture that does not impede HCI network performance with large clusters, and reduced networking TCO by deploying on industry-standard switch hardware from Dell EMC open networking, Edgecore white box, and the HPE Altoline family.
Join SDxCentral and Big Switch Networks on February 15, 2018 at 10:00 am for Leveraging Next-Gen Networking to Unlock the Power of HCI.
If you can't make it to the live event, register anyway. SDxCentral will let you know when the on-demand recording is available.