Introducing the “Hottest Topics in SDN” webinar series, sponsored by the Open Networking Foundation (ONF).
For this first installment of the series, a panel discussion moderated by SDxCentral co-founder Roy Chua will feature the following industry thought leaders: Dave Lenrow from HP, Pascal Menezes from Microsoft, and Fabian Schneider from NEC Laboratories. The topic? Intent driven networking and northbound interfaces.
One of the top discussion topics in software-defined networking (SDN) today that has received significant attention from the leading technology vendors is intent driven networking. Every major vendor has a contribution towards the top open source projects in this field, ranging from Group Based Policy (initiated by Cisco, but now an industry-wide effort) to Congress (initiated by VMware and part of OpenStack), to the most recent efforts of the Network Intent Composition group.
ONF, in collaboration with SDxCentral, has brought together some of the leaders and core contributors to these efforts in an online panel discussion that will provide a quick ramp-up to this hot new topic and a discussion around the salient points. This is a must-attend webinar for network and infrastructure architects, CIOs, and technology leaders from enterprises and service providers, as well as designers of next-generation infrastructure vendors. We will cover key topics including:
- Quick ramp-up on intent driven networking: What is it and why is it important to the industry?
- Current activities around intent driven networking
- Group Based Policy, Network Intent Composition, Congress
- What’s the difference between each of those and what are their goals?
- Relationship to northbound interface activities underway and how they dovetail with the orchestration activities underway in ONF, ETSI NFV ISG, MEF LSO, OPNFV, OpenStack, etc.
- Any significant milestones to date and biggest challenges to overcome
- Hot projects to watch and what to expect in the next six to 12 months
- How to get involved in this new movement
Join the panel for this fascinating conversation surrounding intent driven networking and northbound interfaces on September 30th at 10:00am PT. Register now and save your spot!
Can’t make the live event? That’s okay — we know you’re busy. Give us your information anyway and we’ll let you know when the recorded assets are available on SDxCentral.com.