Emerging 5G and IoT applications are driving demand for a new kind of programmable infrastructure. Edge computing architectures are evolving, with increased focus on data-centric processing, security, response time, scalability and resilience. Success at the edge requires that we not treat the edge as a new silo with distinct requirements, but instead take a distributed cloud approach that applies new compute, networking and storage technology across the spectrum, from core to edge. A distributed cloud orchestrates and manages network functions and third party applications from end to end across access, regional and national sites.
- Roy Chua, Co-Founder, Head of Research, SDxCentral
- Sheng-Ann Yu, Head of Solution Line Distributed Cloud, Ericsson
- Carlos Bravo, Director Cloud Strategy Execution, Ericsson
*By registering for this Analyst Webinar, you will be opted in to our research mailing list powered by AvidThink LLC (formerly SDxCentral Research). You will be given the option to opt out at anytime in all our mailings.
During the webinar, you'll learn:
- Key findings from SDxCentral's recent research brief on assuring success at the edge by avoiding top 5 pitfalls
- Ericsson's view on edge computing and distributed cloud from a market perspective
- Real-world technical insights into what distributed cloud solutions must provide
- Examples from actual Ericsson customer edge projects, as well as the key opportunities and challenges to overcome
Who should attend?
Industries: Service Provider (Communications) and Service Provider (Other)
Primary Roles: Network Architect, Network Operator, Executive, Analyst/Media and Marketing
In this SDxCentral and Ericsson Analyst Webinar, learn about strategies to maximize success for your edge initiatives.
Join SDxCentral and Ericsson on September 27, 2018 at 10:00 am for Success in Edge Computing - A Distributed Cloud Approach.
If you can't make it to the live event, register anyway. SDxCentral will let you know when the on-demand recording is available.