Emerging 5G and IoT applications are driving demand for a new kind of programmable infrastructure. Edge computing architectures are evolving, with increased focus on data-centric processing, security, response time, scalability and resilience. Success at the edge requires that we not treat the edge as a new silo with distinct requirements, but instead take a distributed cloud approach that applies new compute, networking and storage technology across the spectrum, from core to edge. A distributed cloud orchestrates and manages network functions and third party applications from end to end across access, regional and national sites.
- Roy Chua, Co-Founder, Head of Research, SDxCentral
- Sheng-Ann Yu, Head of Solution Line Distributed Cloud, Ericsson
- Carlos Bravo, Director Cloud Strategy Execution, Ericsson
During the webinar, you'll learn:
- Key findings from SDxCentral's recent research brief on assuring success at the edge by avoiding top 5 pitfalls
- Ericsson's view on edge computing and distributed cloud from a market perspective
- Real-world technical insights into what distributed cloud solutions must provide
- Examples from actual Ericsson customer edge projects, as well as the key opportunities and challenges to overcome
Who should attend?
Industries: Service Provider (Communications) and Service Provider (Other)
Primary Roles: Network Architect, Network Operator, Executive, Analyst/Media and Marketing
In this SDxCentral and Ericsson Analyst Webinar, learn about strategies to maximize success for your edge initiatives.
Join SDxCentral and Ericsson on September 27, 2018 at 10:00 am for Success in Edge Computing - A Distributed Cloud Approach.
If you can't make it to the live event, register anyway. SDxCentral will let you know when the on-demand recording is available.
|Date:||Thursday, September 27, 2018|
|Time:||10:00 am (PDT)|
|Title:||Success in Edge Computing – A Distributed Cloud Approach|