Dell EMC 2017 Edge Computing Report Webinar: “Edge Computing in the Age of Hyperscale”.
Hyperscale cloud vendors have dominated IT news coverage for the last five+ years as they’ve set the standard for datacenter efficiency, agility and management. But now edge computing is trending. This webinar will look at edge computing, how it is defined, and how service providers, carriers and hyperscale companies all have unique infrastructure advantages and challenges when it comes to delivering on the promise of the edge.
Hear directly from the Dell EMC senior engineers who helped Dell emerge as a hyperscale leader nearly a decade ago, and learn how those best practices and learnings can be applied to edge environments. When it comes to edge computing, no two companies are the same and no two environments are alike. Explore how the Dell EMC Extreme Scale Infrastructure (ESI) division can help carriers and service providers execute against their vision and strategy, and build edge computing infrastructure offerings designed to their specific needs.
Finally, get an inside look at some of the latest offerings from ESI and how they can help you transform infrastructure at the edge:
- Dell EMC’s architecture leaders will showcase ESI’s latest rack scale infrastructure, offered to service providers who need open, scalable and consistent infrastructure from the edge to the core.
- Dell EMC engineers will discuss their approach and philosophy to designing and building micro Modular Data Centers – small, nimble data centers intended to help service providers speed the storage, processing and analysis of local data while providing rapid installation and quick time to market.
During this webinar you’ll learn:
- How Dell EMC’s ESI division develops tailored solutions to meet service providers’ unique edge computing requirements.
- How ESI has helped hyperscale cloud vendors optimize the server, rack and datacenter for over a decade. Dell EMC is now bringing those learnings and best practices to service providers and applying them to edge deployments.
- How Dell EMC can help service providers drive operational efficiencies, speed time to production, and simplify operations with its micro MDCs and DSS 9000 rack scale infrastructure.
- Ed Bailey – Distinguished Engineer, Dell EMC ESI
- Mark Bailey – Distinguished Engineer and Lead MDC Architect, Dell EMC ESI
- Stephen Rousset – Distinguished Engineer and Director of Architecture, Dell EMC ESI
- Ty Schmitt, Fellow – Dell EMC ESI
When it comes to edge computing, no two companies are the same. Join SDxCentral and Dell EMC on September 19th at 10:00 am PT to learn how the Dell EMC’s Extreme Scale Infrastructure division can help carriers and service providers execute against their strategic vision and build edge computing infrastructure offerings designed to their specific needs.