Anyone following IT media over the past few years would be under the impression that hyperscale cloud vendors set the standard for datacenter efficiency, agility, and management.
Not surprisingly, many large scale organizations are seeking to emulate this success by leveraging “hyperscale inspired” infrastructure and management techniques. For example, they are re-examining legacy IT paradigms and moving from a node to rack-level mentality, where they can purchase, deploy, manage and service at the rack level—and from a single source. These customers also want the ability to deploy IT resources quickly, for any workload need, so they can continuously deliver value to the business, in an instant.
This webinar will look at how organizations can manage their infrastructure at scale – and how the move towards disaggregation and composable infrastructure are making these opportunities real, today. The session will also take a look back, examining how the industry has evolved and put us on a path towards composability, while also examining the work that remains. Additionally, it’ll examine new technologies that are opening doors for server innovation and discuss how Dell EMC is working with others in the industry to help composability reach its full potential.
- Bill Dawkins, VP/Fellow, Office of the CTO, Server Solutions, Dell EMC
- Robert Hormuth, VP/Fellow and CTO, Server Solutions, Dell EMC
- Stephen Rousset, Distinguished Engineer and Director of Architecture, Dell EMC Extreme Scale Infrastructure
- Paul Parker-Johnson, Principal Analyst, ACG Research
During the webinar, you'll learn:
- Dell EMC is driving the evolution of infrastructure to enable large scale organizations to take advantage of the technology advances previously only available to hyperscale cloud vendors.
- Dell EMC has composable infrastructure offerings that allows organizations to be more agile, lower operational costs and accelerate innovation.
- But the nirvana state of composability – where organizations can disaggregate cores, DRAM, storage class memory, accelerators, storage and networking – cannot be done today, by any vendor.
- Dell EMC is working across the industry to bring together an ecosystem of partners to deliver the full potential of composable infrastructure.
Who should attend?
Industries: Service Providers (Cloud, Web, Hosting), Communications Service Providers and large scale organizations
Primary Roles: Director of engineering/architecture, system admins, IT operations manager, network architect, network operator, IT decision makers
As large organizations are looking to manage their infrastructure with the same efficiency and agility as the industry titans, they’re turning to “hyperscale inspired” infrastructure and management techniques with an eye towards providing composable infrastructure; this session will look back at how the industry has evolved, what exists today and what needs to happen to reach the full potential of composability.
Join SDxCentral and Dell EMC | Extreme Scale Infrastructure (ESI) on December 8, 2017 at 10:00 am for Managing at Scale and the Future of Composability.
If you can't make it to the live event, register anyway. SDxCentral will let you know when the on-demand recording is available.