Register for: ContainerCon North America 2016 on August 22 – 24, 2016 produced by The Linux Foundation!
Don’t miss the ContainerCon North America 2016 on August 22 – 24, 2016:
Containers are revolutionizing the way we automate, deploy and scale workloads; ContainerCon is the place to learn about how to best used these technologies to your advantage. Over time the layers of infrastructure have all been abstracted in ways to make it possible to manipulate workloads in the much the same way software developers update software. From hardware virtualization, to storage and even networking (software defined networking) containers helping to drive what is being termed cloud native.
While there is no formal definition of cloud native it does imply a number of things:
Portability – Workloads are no longer bound to the architecture on which they are run. Container technology like Docker allows workloads to be migrated from developer workstation through a workflow to production without having to significantly alter the environments.
Automation – Infrastructure as code is the battle cry of the cloud native automating the development and deployment of IT through continuous integration(CI) loops and self-healing systems.
Improved Efficiency – The introduction of new ways to automate reduce the administrative overhead that keeps sysadmin busy and frees their time to improve systems rather than simply maintain them.
Cultural Change – The rise of DevOps and the increased tendency for operations professionals and developers to collaborate on the delivery of services — microservices and traditional service delivery – has resulted in users viewing speed and agility in delivering services to be valued as much as stability.
In summary cloud native is a result of better tooling, self-healing and automated systems that speed time to deployment and recovery. However there is no set process that yields better results, what is clear that paradigm has shifted and sharing knowledge and experience is key for these users to be successful.
- 175+ conference sessions covering the most relevant and important topics facing Linux, cloud computing, containers and open source today. Learn everything you need to know whether you are a developer, sys admin, devops expert, architect, community manager or other open source professional. View the Schedule.
- The opportunity to connect with over 2,000 open source professionals from around the globe for collaboration, problem solving and opportunities. See Who is Attending.
- Learn about the newest technologies and products in open source today.
- Have fun with your fellow community at social networking events throughout the week.
- Get educational deep dives in co-located events, BoFs, trainings, hackfests, mini-summits and more.
For more information on the August 22 – 24, 2016 ContainerCon North America 2016, visit the ContainerCon North America 2016 agenda.