New to SDNCentral? Want to learn more about SDN and NFV? Interested in hearing from top vendors and organizations about new products and services? All of these are great reasons to visit our events page to register for more SDNCentral SDN and NFV events, including webinars, DemoFridays, and more. If you want to see what we’ve done in the past, check out our archives for DemoFriday and SDNUniversity.
Brocade and Infinera, in partnership with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Energy Sciences Network (ESnet), will demonstrate how SDN can be used to provision services and automatically optimize network resources across a multi-layer network as traffic and service demands change. The demonstration will leverage ESnet’s On-Demand Secure Circuits and Advance Reservation System (OSCARS) application, and will consist of two phases in which two use cases for the application are shown:
1) The first phase of this demonstration showcases how the OSCARS application uses OpenFlow for orchestrated, multi-layer, and automated provisioning across a packet optical 100 GbE network comprised of Brocade MLXe Core Routers, Infinera’s DTN-X converged OTN/WDM optical platform and additional OpenFlow enabled Layer 2 switches.
2) The second phase of the demonstration focuses on multi-layer network optimization and demonstrates how proactive detection of increasing bandwidth of packet flows triggers the OSCARS application to dynamically re-optimize the underlying packet-optical topology and re-route the large flows to bypass an intermediate packet switch, improving overall network resource utilization and increasing operational efficiencies.
Service provider, enterprise, and research and education network operators will be interested in attending this DemoFriday to see how multi-layer provisioning using SDN enables services and bandwidth to be dynamically provisioned via a single screen across the router layer and transport layer to speed service delivery. Automated multi-layer optimization analyzes network topology and traffic flows to seamlessly route traffic at the most effective and efficient layer of the network to save both capital and operational costs.
Join the following panelists as they guide you through a live demo of this SDN solution as it interacts in a strong partnership scenario.
- Daniel Williams, Director, Product Marketing Data Center and Service Provider Routing at Brocade
- Chris Liou, Vice President, Network Strategy at Infinera
- Inder Monga, Chief Technologist and Area Lead at Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
This event has ended. To view the archived videos, podcast and transcript of this DemoFriday, please visit: https://www.sdxcentral.com/resources/sdn-demofriday/2013-demofriday-archives/brocade-infinera-esnet-multilayer-provisioning/