New to SDNCentral? Want to learn more about SDN and NFV? Interested in hearing from top vendors and organizations about new products and services? All of these are great reasons to visit our events page to register for more SDNCentral SDN and NFV events, including webinars, DemoFridays, and more. If you want to see what we’ve done in the past, check out our archives for DemoFriday and SDNUniversity.
To push Taiwan’s SDN industry forward, the MoEA’s Industrial Development Bureau, together with the MoEA’s Committee of Communications Industry Development, Taiwan SDN Alliance and Chunghwa Telecom Data Communications Business Group, are hosting the 2014 SDN Contest.
The purpose of the contest is to discover, develop, and encourage the talents in SDN innovative applications. This contest is open to all organizations and individuals worldwide interested in developing SDN applications.
1. The scenario in the submission must be complied with the SDN architecture.
2. The entrants must choose an application to implement and demonstrate the scenario.
3. The entrants may use existing open-source (i.e. OpenFlow,OpenStack) or design private interfaces for data communications between application-control and control-forwarding layers.
4. The finalists must demonstrate their solutions or applications on site.
- Innovation and Uniqueness: Is it an SDN innovative application or concept? Or is it a new SDN approach to a traditional network problem?
- Technology: Is there strong technical foundation?
- Advancement: Is it a better way to do something more efficiently/effectively compared to the legacy technology?
- Business value: Is the solution feasible to be turned into a business solution in the future?
- Presentation skills
September 17th, 2014
Participants could be an individual or a team consisting of no more than 5 people.
Talents from the academy or industry are all invited.
The submission must not be a commercial product sold in the market.
Each team may have advisors, no more than 2 people.
Advisors are not allowed to participate in presentation and on-site demo.
The entrant is not allowed to be other team’s advisor.
The advisor’s name and any symbols which represent or imply the participant’s school or company are not allowed to be shown in any submitted documents or video.
First Place : NT$150,000
Second Place : NT$100,000
Third Place : NT$50,000
Best Student Award : NT$30,000
Honorable Mention : NT$10,000