A hyperconverged data center is an agile data center that is built on the hyperconverged data infrastructure (HCI), which is a software architecture that consolidates the compute, network, and storage commodity hardware. The merging of software and hardware components into a single data center streamlines the processing and management process, with the added perk of lowering an organization’s IT and management costs.
The hyperconverged data center strongly focuses on the benefits that the data center brings to the table. By incorporating HCI, the data center allows for wide-ranging advantages that raise an organization’s bottom line and enhances its productivity. Here’s a brief outline of the key benefits associated with hyperconverged data centers:
‘What is Hyperconverged Data Center?’ The Benefits:
Here are the following perks of hyperconverged data centers:
- Improves the management of hybrid cloud environments
- Optimizes the delivery of business-critical applications without hindering the performance
- Operates on a simplified infrastructure
- Adds elasticity as it features enhanced scalability and offers more flexibility
- Improves applications performance
- Maximizes the Return on Investment. It costs less because the data center uses an infrastructure that merges the storage, network, and computing hardware. According to HPE, the hyperconverged infrastructure lowers costs by 27-55 percent compared to the public cloud.
- Simplifies management
- Hyperconverged.org lists several additional advantages in addition to the ones listed above, including data protection, VM mobility, high availability, and data efficiency.
- According to Dell EMC’s research via IDC, the infrastructure in the data center improves resource utilization and boosts staff productivity by removing repetitive tasks.
Key Players in the Hyperconverged Data Center Market:
- Nutanix — Offers HCI Infrastructure solutions for enterprises seeking to establish an hyperconverged data center.
- Hewlett-Packard Enterprise — Offers SimpliVity, an enterprise-grade hyperconverged solution.
- Pivot3 — Specializes in a line of hyperconverged data products.
- Scale Computing — Produces solutions for enterprises to build their own hyperconverged data center.
- Dell EMC — Recently added a portfolio of HCI solutions, announced at the Dell EMC World 2017 in Las Vegas.