Sponsored By: Cisco Systems
Cisco Open NX-OS Demo Part 3 – Transforming DevOps Model With Open NX-OS
Part one of Cisco’s Open NX-OS DemoFriday series demonstrated the programmability and automation capabilities of the platform to drive more efficient IT operations. In part two, Cisco demonstrated how the NX-API REST (Object Model), NX toolkit, and more of the NX-API, a framework and approach that enables DevOps teams to respond more quickly to business demands. Continuing the series, the Cisco Open NX-OS demo part 3 focuses on how Open NX-OS is transforming the face of DevOps in the market.
Join Shane Corban, product manager at Cisco, and Peter Sprygada, director of engineering and network strategy at Ansible, as they demonstrate how Open NX-OS is built from the ground up providing true programmability and automating to enable IT teams to meet demanding business needs, provides an architectural change in building optimized data center networks, and allows IT to easily manage Nexus platforms as a Linux server providing flexibility and improving DevOps collaboration.
For more information on Cisco, visit their channel page.
The Cisco Open NX-OS demo part 3 kicks off with Shane giving a brief introduction to Open NX-OS and how it easily integrates with third party applications, whether agentless like Ansible, or with agents like Puppet Labs, and enables zero touch provisioning using open source tools. Peter then walks you through how Ansible has used Open NX-OS to achieve automation of Day 0, 1, and 2 operations:
- Day 0 – Installation:
- Boot nodes to a baseline configuration
- Handle software image remediation
- Ansible agentless architecture simplifies transition to automation
- Day 1 – Configuration:
- Focus on configuration of underlay network
- Eliminate configuration drift across network
- Push only changes that are required to maintain consistency
- Day 2 – Optimization:
- Verify configurations match expectations
- Evaluate network state data for proper operation
- Continuously check network for compliance to standards.
View the full Cisco Open NX-OS demo part 3 recording below and discover how you can achieve greater collaboration within DevOps with Cisco’s Open NX-OS: