Use Case Challenge
In today’s enterprises, applications and data may be hosted in privateclouds in managed data centers or public clouds. This, coupled with the need for remote, branch and HQ users to securely access applications and data, creates a unique challenge for enterprise infrastructure and network engineers.
Securing the Hybrid Cloud Use Case Solution
Brocade’s Vyatta vRouter provides extensive VPN capabilities with strong compatibility that can be used to bridge on-premises assets (physical and virtual) with resources in the public cloud or virtual private clouds.
With the vRouter, enterprises can provide high-speed, high-security connectivity between branches, enterprise HQ, private datacenters to co-location facilities and virtual public clouds hosted within public IaaS providers like Amazon, Azure, Rackspace etc.
The vRouter’s flexibility in deployment, supporting a wide range of hypervisor and cloud platforms, including VM and bare-metal options means that the Brocade solution will run on just about any public or private clouds. This flexibility allows enterprise workloads to communicate across clouds.
- Vyatta vRouter provides maximum deployment compatibility with its support for a wide range of hypervisors and cloud platforms, with both VM and bare-metal options
- NAT between public & private addresses allows connectivity while selectively hiding specific assets
- Stateful Firewall and Application Level Gateways to ensure maximal compatibility with apps while protecting cloud services
- Brocade’s vADC can be used to scale application services either on-premises or in the cloud
- Reporting / logs for security monitoring/audit and for ensuring corporate and regulatory compliance
- Multiple integration points for ease of orchestration into enterprise DevOps tools or enterprise cloud orchestration systems via CLI, Restful API, NetConf, OpenScript
Brocade Solution Suite
- Mature vRouter supports multiple popular protocols for maximum compatibility
- High-performance design allows efficient operation even in shared cloud architectures
Vyatta Buit-in Firewall
- Reliable and proven firewall that provides familiar filtering rules
- In-kernel design provides for high efficiency leading to improved density
- Provides sufficient functionality for most non-specialized firewalling needs
Vyatta Built-in VPN
- Efficient and fast encryption to ensure fast secure connections between on-premises and cloud assets, support for both IPsec and SSL ensures maximum compability and ability to traverse across enterprise and cloud networks
- Application layer redundancy within cloud environment
- Scalable performance provides cost-effective alternatives to HW
- Support for multiple hypervisors ensures compatibility with most private and public clouds
- Advanced application layer load balancing not inherent within CSP infrastructure
- Bursting capability based on capacity