10. Nuage Networks SD-WAN 2.0 Brings Connectivity Beyond Branches
9. Ericsson Snaps Up Service Assurance Firm CENX in Preparation for 5G
Verizon is a CENX customer. CENX employees, including new CEO Edward Kennedy, will become part of Ericsson when the deal closes this quarter. Read more.
8. Top Oracle Exec Thomas Kurian Takes ‘Extended’ Break
Kurian, who reports directly to CTO Larry Ellison, didn’t say when he’ll return or why he’s taking time off. Read more.
7. AT&T Changes Its Tune on 5G Fixed Wireless
6. Barefoot Responds to the Demise of Marvell’s Programmable Chip
Barefoot says its Tofino chip is used for more than just “niche” applications, and the P4 programming language gives it gravitas. Read more.
5. Ericsson Bypasses Cisco, Partners With Juniper on Optical Transport
Cisco’s optical transport products overlap with Ericsson’s making Juniper the better partner. Read more.
4. Nutanix Bumps VMware Off Top HCI Software Ranking
3. Arista Acquires Metamako, a Provider of Low-Latency FPGA Products
2. Samsung, Nokia, Ericsson Score AT&T 5G Contracts
For Samsung, winning AT&T’s business is another feather in its cap. The vendor has been gaining more business with U.S. operators. Read more.
1. eBay Moves Away From OpenStack, Embraces Kubernetes and Docker
The company has also built its own servers and plans to open source them. It’s midway through its re-platforming project with the goal of making its infrastructure more homogenous. Read more.