10. Nokia Will Cut Thousands of Jobs Amid 5G Transformation
CEO Rajeev Suri told investors the company needs to shave nearly $800 million in costs by the end of 2020. Read more.
9. Despite What VMware Says, Not Everyone Wants to Deploy Containers in VMs
8. WikiLeaks Publishes the Location of Amazon’s Data Centers
7. Bloomberg China Chip-Hack Controversy Highlights Fake News, National Security Fears
6. Two Cisco Senior Vice Presidents Depart the Company
Cisco Senior Vice President Christine Heckart left the company. The marketing executive hailed from Brocade. Read more.
5. Cisco Files SEC Documents Revealing Its Top Executive Salaries
Cisco’s CEO Chuck Robbins earned $21.28 million in fiscal 2018. Read more.
4. AT&T Plans 60,000 dNOS-Powered White Boxes to Support 5G
The white box routers are part of a “radical realignment” of AT&T’s network architecture and means the carrier will no longer rely on proprietary silicon and feature roadmaps from traditional vendors. Read more.
3. How Verizon’s $700M Outsourcing Deal May Impact Its Competitiveness
The service provider prides itself on its network superiority, but can it maintain its competitive edge and still outsource its IT department? Read more.
2. Cisco Is Ready To Upgrade a Million Routers With SD-WAN Software
The Viptela software can run on all Cisco ISR and ASR routers, as well as ENCS 5000 routers, that are four years old or younger. Read more.
1. Cisco Axes Hundreds of Jobs
This round of layoffs follows several departures from Cisco’s senior executive team. Read more.