10. Verizon Changes Its Tune on Severance Package for IT Team Members
The company will now give IT workers that are transferring to Infosys the option of receiving an exit package if they decline to move to the outsourcing firm. Read more.
9. Google Bumps Up Enterprise Cloud Networking
8. Gartner Ranks VMware Highest in Its Inaugural WAN Edge Magic Quadrant
7. AT&T Contributes Its Cell Site White Box Router Spec to the Open Compute Project
The white box reference design is available to any hardware maker to use as a guide to build cell site gateway routers. And they can be paired with disaggregated software. Read more.
6. China Hacked Supermicro Servers to Spy on Amazon, Apple, Report Says
A former U.S. intelligence official said data center server provider Supermicro is the “Microsoft of the hardware world” and attacking Supermicro motherboards is “like attacking the whole world.” Read more.
5. Ericsson Fired 50 People in Corruption Scandal Fallout
CEO Borje Ekholm said an investigation of the company by the SEC and DOJ started in 2013. The scandal put a damper on otherwise positive third quarter results. Read more.
4. Bloomberg China Chip-Hack Controversy Highlights Fake News, National Security Fears
3. Nokia Will Cut Thousands of Jobs Amid 5G Transformation
CEO Rajeev Suri told investors the company needs to shave nearly $800 million in costs by the end of 2020. Read more.
2. WikiLeaks Publishes the Location of Amazon’s Data Centers
The news comes as major cloud providers including AWS, Microsoft, and IBM are competing for a $10 billion, 10-year cloud contract from the U.S. Department of Defense. Read more.