Check out our top articles of October 2017, covering the SDxCentral universe of SDN, NFV, and related topics. Rankings are based on unique visitors aggregated during the month.
10. Ericsson’s Struggles Continue in Q3, But Networks Biz Hints at Recovery
The Swedish equipment maker is accelerating its $1 billion cost restructuring plan. Read More.
9. OPNFV Supports Containerized OpenStack and Kubernetes
The group is also demonstrating an alternative to CORD. Read More.
8. Another Chunk of Brocade Goes Away, but Deal with Broadcom Remains in Limbo
Extreme Networks closes the deal on Brocade’s data center assets. Read More.
7. Elliott Management Acquires Gigamon for $1.6B
The private-equity firm will purchase Gigamon at a 21 percent premium. Read More.
6. Lumina and Noviflow Seek to Disrupt the MPLS Router Market
Their SD-core allows enterprises to gradually migrate from legacy core routers. Read More.
5. Google, Barefoot Networks Add Legs to P4 with Runtime API
P4 Runtime can overcome an SDN shortfall — a programmable forwarding plane. Read More.
4. Vodafone’s New SDN and NFV Head Tells Vendors to Work Together
The carrier wants virtualized compute resources and not any proprietary network hardware. Read More.
3. Cisco’s $1.9B BroadSoft Purchase Gives it a Telecom Cloud Services Edge
Cisco’s latest acquisition follows the recent announcement of the company’s 200th acquisition — Perspica. Read More.
2. Dell EMC and Nutanix: HCI Partners or Frenemies?
IDC’s ranking of Dell EMC as the top HCI provider unleashed a maelstrom of headlines, online comments, and alternate statistics. Read More.
1. Juniper Networks ‘Realigns’ its Workforce after Q3 2017 Earnings
In the company’s Q3 earnings call with investors, Juniper blamed its disappointing revenues on the timing of switching deployments. Read More.