10. AT&T Likes That the ONF Brings Original Design Manufacturers to the Table
AT&T is at 63 percent of its goal to bring 75 percent of its networks under SDN control by 2020, according to AT&T CTO Andre Fuetsch. Read more.
9. Nokia Veers From Red Hat OpenStack With Latest CloudBand Update
8. Nokia Strikes Infosys Deal That Targets Enterprise Digitization
The vendor recently announced plans to slash thousands of jobs as part of a major corporate restructuring. Read more.
7. Former Oracle Exec Thomas Kurian Replaces Google Cloud CEO Diane Greene
6. Xilinx, Under a New CEO, Mulls Acquisition of Mellanox
Xilinx is renown for its field programmable gate array, which the company’s founder invented. A purchase of Mellanox could give it additional products to sell into the data center. Read more.
5. AWS Sells Hardware to Enterprises to Use in Their Private Data Centers
The company is working with VMware on the new Amazon Outposts initiative. Considering VMware’s sister company Dell EMC makes hardware, this could have some interesting implications. Read more.
4. Cisco Combines SD-WAN and Security, Extends Intent-Based Networking to Wireless
3. Germany Jumps on Huawei 5G Ban Plans, Says Report
Government officials want to prevent German telecom operators from using equipment from Chinese firms to construct their 5G networks. This would be similar to moves made by the U.S. and Australia. Read more.
2. Cisco Files SEC Documents Revealing Its Top Executive Salaries
Cisco’s CEO Chuck Robbins earning $21.28 million in fiscal 2018. Read more.
1. Cisco Axes Hundreds of Jobs
This round of layoffs follows several recent departures from Cisco’s senior executive team. Read more.