10. VMware Courts Telcos With vCloud NFV 2.0
vCloud NFV includes themes of service automation, operational intelligence, multi-tenancy, and carrier-grade enhancements. Read More.
9. How Equinix Uses Software-Defined Networking
Arista is trying to start a grass-roots standards effort for 800 Gb/s optics. Read More.
8. Verizon’s Exponent Acts as a Software Company Inside the Carrier
Exponent focuses on big data and artificial intelligence, IoT, media services, Internet services delivery, and cloud storage. Read More.
7. Avaya to Sell Its Networking Business to Extreme Networks for $100M
Extreme believes that Avaya’s networking business will generate a minimum of $200 million in revenue in fiscal 2018. Read More.
6. Vodafone Selects Nuage for its ‘Project Ocean’ Data Center Virtualization
Nuage’s Virtualized Services Platform (VSP) is at the heart of the efforts. Read More.
5. CenturyLink Surges Forward with Its Own Version of CORD
Cisco says enterprises want services on top of their branch connectivity. Read More.
4. 5G Will Be ‘Useless’ Without NFV, VMware Says
VMware and Atos team up on 5G, NFV, and security. Read More.
3. Cisco’s Trollope Says Company’s IoT Business Is On Fire
In just one year, Cisco Jasper’s business has grown from 3,500 enterprise customers to 9,000 customers. Read More.
2. Cisco Calls Rumors of Software, Hardware Disaggregation ‘Unsubstantiated’
Cisco competitors have made changes to their portfolios. Is the networking giant about to do the same? Read More.
1. Vendors Beware: Google Is Lending SDN, NFV Expertise to Mobile Operators
For vendors like Cisco, Ericsson, Nokia, Juniper Networks and others, Google’s latest move may set off alarm bells. Read More.