10. Microsoft Bets Billions On Open Source Developers With $7.5B GitHub Buy
The deal better positions the software giant in the commercial cloud space against rivals AWS and Google. Read more.
9. Broadcom Cuts 1,100 Employees, Blames Brocade Acquisition
The company said employee termination costs saved $35 million and $143 million during the first two fiscal quarters of 2018. Read more.
8. Tintri Collapse Imminent as Funds Wither, Stock Plunges
7. Cisco Invests in Avi Networks Series D and Resells Avi’s Technology
Avi says Cisco provides Layer 2 to 4 solutions, and Avi provides Layer 4 to 7. The joint solution allows Cisco to offer a full networking stack from Layers 2 to 7 across any environment. Read more.
6. Cisco: We’re Still Open to the Ericsson Partnership
The much-touted Cisco-Ericsson partnership is languishing thanks to the executive changes at Ericsson. Read more.
5. VMware’s Future Is Networking, CEO Pat Gelsinger Says
4. The $449M Price VMware Paid for VeloCloud Could Be Misleading
3. AT&T Data Centers Fetch $1.1B in Sale to Brookfield Infrastructure
The deal follows months of rumors about the divestiture and makes a (very) small dent in the $85 billion check AT&T just wrote to acquire Time Warner. Read more.
2. Is Kubernetes Ready to Replace OpenStack and VMware?
CNCF Executive Director Dan Kohn said the group wants Kubernetes to take on a greater role in shaping the future of cloud architecture. Read more.