10. IBM, Juniper Ink $325 Million Hybrid-Cloud Deal
9. McAfee Cuts 200 Employees as Buyout Rumors Persist
8. AT&T, Nokia Tighten 5G Focus on O-RAN, Akraino
7. Vodafone, IBM Launch $550 Million Multi-Cloud Joint Venture
The new organization, co-led by Vodafone and IBM, will provide European companies with technologies that integrate and manage multiple clouds. Read more.
6. Cisco Pushes ACI to AWS and Azure, Embraces ‘Data Center Anywhere’ Strategy
It sounds similar to VMware’s “NSX everywhere” push, which seeks to stretch that vendor’s networking and security capabilities from data centers to clouds and the edge. Read more.
5. Huawei’s Got 99 Problems and Futurewei’s One
And Poland arrested a Huawei employee and charged him with spying for the Chinese government. Read more.
4. AT&T Outlines 3 Pillars of Its 5G Strategy
3. Kubernetes Dominates in IT Job Searches
Reports from job boards Dice and Indeed found that Kubernetes skills were highly sought after in 2018.
2. AT&T Touts 5G, SDN Progress as Job Cuts Loom
The job cuts are planned to begin later this month at 10 of AT&T’s operational hubs across the country. Read more.
1. Nutanix CEO to VMware: ‘Stop Being a Bully’
The Nutanix-VMware battle escalated with a Nutanix blog accusing VMware COO Sanjay Poonen of “bullying” Nutanix customers. Read more.