10. IBM ‘Redeploys’ CFO, Reportedly Plans to Reassign 30% of Workforce
Many of the reassignments will come from its Global Technology Services division. Read more.
9. The Meltdown and Spectre CPU Flaws Reverberate
Linus Torvalds, one of the creators of Linux, had harsh words for Intel. Read more.
8. Ericsson Job Cuts Top 10K in Q4 as Downward Spiral Continues
7. VMware Cuts 159 Employees Amid Dell Technologies Buyout Rumors
6. Equinix CEO Resigns Suddenly Over Employee Matter
Peter Van Camp, executive chairman of Equinix’s board of directors, will become the interim CEO while the company finds a replacement. Read more.
5. Linux Foundation Combines 6 Networking Projects Into 1
The new combined project will be led by Arpit Joshipura, who will serve as its executive director. Read more.
4. Cisco Acquires HCI Company Skyport Systems
3. The End of Larry Vs. Amazon? AWS Looking to Dump Oracle, Report Says
Salesforce also wants to say “Sayonara” to Oracle software. Read more.
2. Disappointment for Huawei at CES 2018?
1. Verizon Joins ONAP
Verizon’s participation comes as a bit of a surprise given that half the ONAP code came from AT&T. Read more.