Check out our top articles of December 2017, covering the SDxCentral universe of SDN, NFV, and related topics. Rankings are based on unique visitors aggregated during the month.
10. The No. 1 Hyperconverged Infrastructure Vendor is…
Dell EMC continues (and grows) its lead over No. 2 vendor Nutanix. Read more.
9. 6 Internet of Things Terms You Should Know
Don’t know the difference between LTE-M and NB-IoT? You’re not alone. Read more.
8. Juniper Moves OpenContrail to the Linux Foundation
Some detractors previously called OpenContrail a ‘faux-pen source’ project. Read more.
7. Nutanix CEO Turns to Open Source Software for Hybrid Cloud Stack
The company is making moves to become software-only over the next two years. Read more.
6. Verizon Says its Intelligent Edge Will Reduce Network Costs
Putting compute and storage at the edge reduces latency. Read more.
5. Bell Canada First to Deploy Open Source ONAP in Production
The ONAP community last month released its first open source platform, named Amsterdam. Read more.
4. Verizon Awards Ericsson First 5G Equipment Contract
Ericsson will provide 5G RAN, core network gear, and associated transport. Read more.
3. Chris Rice Explains AT&T’s White Box Plans via the Disaggregated Network Operating System
DNOS will be AT&T’s network operating system for white box. Read more.
2. Silver Peak Could Be the Next Big SD-WAN Acquisition Target
Aryaka also gained revenue prominence among SD-WAN vendors. Read more.
1. Cisco Integrates Viptela SD-WAN Tech on Existing Routers
About 95 percent of Viptela employees joined Cisco. Read more.