10. New Ericsson CEO Has a Big Job Ahead
The company needs to embrace open source and analytics to thrive. Read More.
9. Cisco’s Intercloud: Stick a Fork in It
Cisco confirmed that it’s shutting down its Intercloud platform. Read More.
8. Big Switch CTO Rob Sherwood Is Moving to Facebook
Sherwood said he wants to go back to his roots, working in a lab. Read More.
7. Vodafone Germany Shares NFV Lessons From the Early Days
Vodafone Germany was hoping that NFV would be its ticket to “leave the box business,” but the technology has a long way to go. Read More.
6. New Arista Programmable Switches Use Cavium XPliant Chips
Broadcom’s new rival scores a big customer for its high-end switch chips. Read More.
5. Is Cisco Falling Behind in Innovation (or Just in PR?)
In terms of innovation, 2016 did not seem like a big year for Cisco. Read More.
4. Q&A: Dan Warmenhoven, Former NetApp CEO Turned SDx Guy
An old-school infrastructure CEO discusses SDN, the cloud, and the future of former peers such as HPE & Cisco. Read More.
3. It’s Not Just Arista — Brocade is Using Cavium’s XPliant Too
That makes two design wins for XPliant in a week. Read More.
2. The Rise & Fall of the VCE Brand Name
VCE had a storied history, but now, Dell has retired the brand. Read More.
1. VMware Acquires Employees & Assets of PLUMgrid
PLUMgrid’s people are an obvious fit for VMware in areas such as network virtualization, security, and OpenStack. Read More.