10. Dell EMC, Big Switch Take On Cisco With Open Networking Deal
Open networking revenue (excluding hyperscalers) is expected to reach $1.35 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate of 33% between 2019 and 2023. Read more.
9. AT&T Pushes ‘Nationwide 5G’ Coverage Plans to End of 2020
8. SAP Targets Oracle Cuts as Part of Cloud-Focused Strategic Review
The Oracle maneuver echoes a similar push by Amazon to ditch its reliance on Oracle platforms. Read more.
7. Fortinet Debuts SD-WAN ASIC to Power Latest FortiGate Appliance
6. Juniper Bets On the Enterprise With Cloud-Delivered SD-WAN
5. Google Takes On Amazon With Open Source Ecosystem
4. China Investigating Ericsson Over Licensing Model
The Wall Street Journal reported that the investigation included a raid on Ericsson’s offices in Beijing. Read more.
3. AT&T Aims to ‘Break the Vendor and Technology Lock-In’
The operator contributed seed code for the 5G RAN Intelligent Controller and demonstrated a white box cell site gateway router for 5G cell site backhaul. Read more.
2. Google Cloud Moves Into Data Centers, AWS, and Microsoft Azure With Anthos
Anthos, which is based on Kubernetes and fully managed by Google, runs on premises and supports multiple clouds including AWS and Azure. Read more.
1. Homeland Security Uncovers VPN Flaw in Cisco, F5, Palo Alto Networks, Pulse Secure
The products insecurely store authentication and/or session cookies, giving hackers access to a company’s VPN. Read more.