10. Q&A: Verizon’s Venkatraman Talks Network Transformation and Nimble Startups:
Verizon is taking networking tips from Facebook and Google. Read More.
9. Making the Big Bucks — Tracking the Salaries of Top Tech CEOs
How much did Chuck Robbins, Meg Whitman, and Randall Stephenson make in 2016? Read More.
8. How ONAP Will Merge Million of Lines of Code from ECOMP and Open-O:
ONAP plans to issue its first code release by the fourth quarter. Read More.
7. HPE No Longer Offers a Native Telco SDN Product
HPE sales staff will offer alternative options to OpenSDN, including the HPE Distributed Cloud Networking products. Read More.
6. AT&T Runs Open Source White Box Switch in its Live Network
AT&T used Delta’s switch with Broadcom chips and the SnapRoute network operating system. Read More.
5. Intel Pulls OSIC Funding, Rackspace Cuts 45 Workers
Intel said it will still contribute to the OpenStack project. Read More.
4. VMware Buys Monitoring Company Wavefront
The acquisition of Wavefront automatically fulfills VMware’s desire to expand its monitoring capabilities into containers. Read More.
3. AT&T Picks Barefoot Networks for Programmable Switches
AT&T’s decision is a validation of programmable switches. Read More.
2. AT&T’s ‘Nirvana Stack’ Uses ODL Rather than Contrail
Contrail’s lack of community is a problem for AT&T. Read More.
1. Google Brings SDN to the Public Internet
Espresso is the fourth pillar of Google’s SDN strategy. Read More.