Check out our top 10 articles for August 2018, covering the SDxCentral universe of SDN, NFV, and related topics. Rankings are based on unique visitors aggregated during the month.
10. Cisco’s Security Business, Service Provider Wins Propel Fiscal Q4 Results
The company’s service provider business was up 6 percent year over year. But 5G isn’t the reason for the turnaround. Read more.
9. Cisco Buys Duo Security for $2.35 Billion
Acquiring the two-factor authentication startup boosts Cisco’s cloud security portfolio and its intent-based networking strategy. Read more.
8. Ericsson Throws 5G Investment Fuel on US Market That’s ‘On Fire’
The investment plans include producing equipment stateside to be closer to its customers, opening a new software development center, and hiring several hundred employees. Read more.
7. Arista Will Pay Cisco $400 Million to Settle Litigation
The two companies agreed that, with limited exceptions, they will not bring any new litigation over patents or copyrights related to existing products for five years. Read more.
6. Samsung Takes Advantage of 5G Disruption to Score US Carrier Deals
The vendor has sidled up next to Nokia and Ericsson as a dominant 5G equipment supplier to the largest carriers in the U.S. Read more.
5. Gaming Company Replaces Cisco, F5, and Juniper With XCloud Networks
XCloud Networks taps SDN and NFV for custom networking. And the startup won Innova as its second customer to replace its existing data center infrastructure. Read more.
4. Arista Founder Takes Aim at Cisco With VMware NSX ‘Open Framework’
“Proprietary is not a word in our dictionary,” said Andy Bechtolsheim, founder, chief development officer, and chairman at Arista. Read more.
3. Arista Lifts Its Mojo by Acquiring a Cognitive WiFi Company
At first blush, a WiFi acquisition seems a little far afield for a data center switching company. And Jefferies analyst George Notter expressed that same sentiment. But Arista makes a good argument for it. Read more.
2. Two Cisco Senior Vice Presidents Depart the Company
Cisco Senior Vice President Christine Heckart has left the company. The marketing executive hailed from Brocade. Yvette Kanouff, who served as SVP and general manager of Cisco’s service provider business also left. Read more.
1. Cisco Is Ready To Upgrade a Million Routers With SD-WAN Software
The Viptela software can run on all Cisco ISR and ASR routers, as well as ENCS 5000 routers, that are four years or older. Read more.