Check out our top 10 articles of 2017, covering the SDxCentral universe of SDN, NFV, and related topics. Rankings are based on unique visitors aggregated during the year.
10. AT&T’s ‘Nirvana Stack’ Uses ODL Rather than Contrail
AT&T wanted more non-Juniper participation in OpenContrail. Read More.
9. Cisco to Lay Off 1,100 Employees by November 2017
Cisco’s CEO Chuck Robbins stressed the company’s transition to more software. Read More.
8. Cisco’s Former Spin-In Crew Resurfaces
Their new company, Pensando, might be developing a storage networking chip. Read More.
7. Cisco Calls Rumors of Software, Hardware Disaggregation ‘Unsubstantiated’
Cisco continued to tout the “tight integration of hardware and software.” Read More.
6. Verizon and AT&T Exit From Cloud Business Applauded by Analysts
Telecom operators had difficulty competing on a cost basis against the cloud market heavyweight AWS. Read More.
5. AT&T Buys Brocade’s Vyatta Assets, Including the vRouter
The purchase advances AT&T’s SD-WAN and white box agenda. Read More.
4. Google Brings SDN to the Public Internet
Espresso is the fourth pillar of Google’s SDN strategy. Read More.
3. Why Machine Learning is Hard to Apply to Networking
Wanted: A “theory of everything” for networks. Read More.
2. Dell EMC Ousts Nutanix from Hyperconverged Infrastructure Throne
Dell EMC’s share of the HCI market grew to 29 percent in the second quarter of 2017. Read More.
1. Dell EMC, Microsoft Win $1 Billion U.S. Air Force Deal
Dell EMC calls it the largest-ever federal cloud award. Read More.